Request for more classic post recommendations

for site notices and tech support. Please keep the main forums on topic.

joel

ex-BK

[Policy] "Classic" Posts

Post27 May 2006

There has been some discussion that idle chit/chat by some and Murli points/proselytizing by others (you know who you are!) have an effect of "bulking up" the web site, so that good juicy bits (by such sensitive perceptive authors as ... uhm myself) are obscured to new readers. This is not the first time in the history of the Internet for such issues to arise. Some call it the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio, a term originating in electronics.

On ex-BK Chat this was addressed by restricting posting access, and by have a section called 'Classic Posts'. I don't much care for the word 'classic' in this context, but would like to acknowledge the value of have a section of selected posts. Although this is a job for someone (perhaps we should consider it a 'service' opportunity) it will take the pressure off the list administrator to attempt to corral authors' behavior toward more presentable forms. Perhaps this would allow membership privileges to be re-extended to allegedly chattier authors.

As a first nomination for 'selected' posts, I would like to suggests Proy's series Excuses and Dismal with the introductory texts.

Regards,

Joel

john

reforming BK

Post27 May 2006

I have to agree that proselytizing doesn't seem apt on this forum. Idle chit/chat I can cope with as some funny stuff comes out. Though some important questions are left unanswered in the winding weaving threads.

So, yes, let's have a classic posts section!

admin

site admin

Post28 May 2006

John wrote:So yes let's have a classic posts section!

A " Classic Posts section " is a fine idea and will help define the forum and site. Do you have a better title?

A feature has been built into the " News and Articles " section of the site to house these and older ones.

Submissions of articles welcome.

admin

site admin

Request for more classic post recommendations

Post23 Feb 2009

A short, quick request for more "classic posts" recommendations from readers new or old to be listed in our "Classic Post" forum.

Please PM, email or leave a note here.

Thank you.

tom

ex-BK

Re: Request for more classic post recommendations

Post23 Feb 2009

Dear Admin, please put butterfly's post from 21st February re:" Spiritual growth & relationship with Baba/God after BK" amongst the classic posts, so that it shall not get lost.

tom

ex-BK

Re: Request for more classic post recommendations

Post01 May 2009

Dear Admin,

Please put ex-l's post from today re: Prosecuting an Ex-Cult Member's Undue Influence Suit amongst the classic posts, which documents the saga of an ex-Cult victim, Gregory Mull, who in his hopeless and broken situation instead of letting go himself into depression, spent his last crumbs of energy challenging his previous Cult "CUT" in the court, and his lawyer, Lawrence Levy, who puts his heart through an unbelievable procedure of research and investigation into this case of undue influence of a group and won the case.

I hope that this testimony of the lawyer Lawrence Levy may be a light for other ex-Cult victims and for lawyers who are asked by ex-Cult victims or by their families if there is any way to sue the Cult for the psychological, mental, physical, and socio-economic damages under which the ex-Cult member is suffering through undue influence of the Cult's control.

Return to Admin