Brahmakumari founder had Shankar & Brahma in his body?

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

Pink Panther

Re: Brahmakumari founder had Shankar & Brahma in his body?

Post13 Jan 2019

Rajdhani wrote:I vividly remember a Senior Sister who was/is head/in-charge of a zone (3 to 5 districts in an Indian state) expressing irritation about an aged lady who had donated acres of land to the Brahma Kumaris.

Sorry, I missed something. Why was she irritated about the donation?

Rajdhani

Post13 Jan 2019

Well, I happened to be in the place where this Senior Sister was having a talk/chat with other surrendered Sisters and Brothers on preparations for some function.

This Sister was mildly upset about the lady about a few aspects, which I am not able to recall now. This was not about any demands or anything from the donor lady, it was purely and irritation for just having this donor lady around the campus.

The point I was trying to make is this Senior Sister wouldn't have dared to talk so lightly about the donor lady in the open; secondly, this was a mild shocker for me that the most experienced and senior angels are not so angels.

Pink Panther

Post13 Jan 2019

Thank you for explaining.

This only goes to show once more how, when it comes down to it, their concerns are not for others but for themselves and their positions in their organisation.

One of the things that informed my decision to leave the BKs was when, in a ”service” meeting, a single mum who gave many years of time and energy and what money she could when she could, and, unlike the rich donor who must not be offended, was told bluntly to her face that her views should not be considered and were unwelcome, that she shouldn't even be there because she was not gong to be a major financial donor to that project ( even though she was most likely to be the one to sweep and wash up at events etc).

When we become BKs we are asked to adopt a whole new way of evaluating things; ”Baba is responsible” - "It's Drama” etc.

It takes a few of these moments, growing awareness to see what’s really going on plus other gradual shifts in how we calibrate our values, what is and is not forgivable in BKs. Then one day we wake up realising, "This is bullsh**”.

ex-l

ex-BKWSU

Post13 Jan 2019

... And fairly nasty bullsh** too.

The point I take from Rajdhani is how shallow and two faced they really are; and, for me, "spiritually evolved" people should not be two faced.

In short, what Senior Sister was saying was that the lady's money was fine but she was not.

I am remembering another story documented on this forum of a very rich Sindhi/Indian woman who donated a huge sum to the BKs - it was a very large sum, perhaps all she had - and how while they were seducing her, she got lots of special attention from the Dadis and so on. But once they got their hands on her money and/or property she was basically ignored and left to sort of wonder around the London centre no one having much interest in her ... because the truth was, she wasn't that clever or enlightened, wasn't suitable for VIP service, she was really just a sort of "Bhagat soul" (... that very worst of BK insults; a "Bhagat soul" being night and day different and lower to they, the "Knowledgeful souls").

She thought the love and attention were how things were forever but once they got her money, she was just knocked down to being an ordinary BKs. A grunt* in the Shivshakti Army.

Yes, it is true, I think many of us reach a point where we see through the facade and ritual - the emptiness of their "showing respect" - to what lies behind it.

What concerns me is how are are made to feel - the exclusions, the subtle condescensions, the value system debased by financial interests - but become acclimatised to it and accept it.

Thankfully, I am very proud to say that no one who has come this far, to this forum, willingly became part of that system. I think though, if we are honest, we would have to admit for a little while we went along with it a bit ... how we were being moulded into being a Kirpalani.

I am thinking of a class of Dadi janki Kirpalani's, translated by Sister jayanti Kirpalani, where she joked how they advertise that "everything is free" and then they ended up taking everything ... and she laughed about, and the class laughed along with her about. How "funny" it was how "Baba" got everything - all of their material possession and free labour - when an individuals became brainwashed and surrendered to them.

Looking back, I think how naive and irresponsible we we were to have gone along with it and how mystified I am at how they managed to turn out heads to quickly and so well.

Thankfully, again, I never became "elavated" enough within their system to have to be responsible for sucking money, property and free labour out of people in the way centres-in-charges are and so my karma is relatively clean in that department. I did, however, suck others into the system to be abused and misled by it. I think only one remains; and remains on my conscience.

I realise that, especially as young people, our love, our charm, our enthusiasm, whatever intelligence we had - even our appearance - was exploited by them to be bait to hook newcomers in, and keep them in until they were fully enculturated. For elder converts, it would be a diferent equation.

(* a "grunt" is a derrogatory term for the lowest ranking soldiers who are forced to do all the dumbest, unineresting, dirty work).

Rajdhani

Post15 Jan 2019

ex-l wrote:I realise that, especially as young people, our love, our charm, our enthusiasm, whatever intelligence we had - even our appearance ...

In most promotional videos, they make it a point to include clips of "Double Foreigners" liberally. This is to cash in on the general belief with most Indians that foreigners are more intelligent and if they have accepted, then there must be something very true.

In corporate sales, selling with noble purpose is a recent trend where in the sales team are made to charge up and genuinely believe what they are selling (products or services) will help their customers succeed and, indirectly, make this world a better place owing to contribution to the economy in whatever capacity. Basically, this sense of contentment pumps in a great deal of perseverance to those sales people who are somewhat lost.

Looks like the BKs have mastered this art decades ago and released/releasing an army of people to go sell BKism to the general public and get huge revenues too! :shock:
Previous

Return to Commonroom